Latest posts by Randolph Taylor (see all)
- Low Unemployment Fuels Housing Demand, Favors Apartments - March 20, 2019
- Illinois Rent Control Webcast Tomorrow - March 19, 2019
- Why rent control is wrong for Chicago - March 13, 2019
Housing affordability is weakening at the fastest pace in a quarter century - Boon to Multifamily Sector?
- Rising home prices, rising mortgage rates and rising demand are colliding with a critical shortage of homes for sale. And all of that is slamming housing affordability.
- This year, affordability — based on the amount of the monthly mortgage payment — will weaken at the fastest pace in a quarter century, according to researchers at Arch Mortgage Insurance.
- Other studies that factor in median income also show decreasing affordability because home prices are rising far faster than income growth. Continue reading "Housing affordability is weakening at the fastest pace in a quarter century - Boon to Multifamily Sector?"