Latest posts by Randolph Taylor (see all)
- 22-Unit Multifamily Portfolio Macomb IL - September 20, 2019
- Did You Miss the Webinar? Replay and Slides Now Available - September 19, 2019
- Just Closed – 84 Unit Apartment Community Blue Island IL - August 28, 2019
Q3 2016 Apartment Trends
- The national vacancy rate for multifamily properties across Reis’s largest metro markets did not budge from it 4.4% in Q3 2016.
- Close to 40,000 new units came online in Q3 2016.
- Demand remained robust enough to absorb the amount of units that are coming online.
- Asking and effective rents grew by 1%.
- Year-over-year asking rents grew by 3.9% and effective rents grew by 3.8%.
- Most expensive coastal markets’ highest priced properties are showing weakness.
Q3 2016 Office Trends
- The national office vacancies remained moored flat at 16% in Q2.
- Year-over-year office vacancies have declined 40 basis points.
- Rents began to accelerate but fell back to its average quarterly level at .4% respectively for both asking and effective rents.
- Year-over-year rents are seem to be healthy, pulling at 2.7% and 2.8%.
- U.S. economy creating fewer jobs than in 2015 and 2014.
- Upcoming November elections a determining factor for firms holding off long-term commitments.
Q3 2016 Retail Trends
- Regional malls showed some improvement with vacancies declining 10 basis points to 7.8%.
- Relatively strong asking rent growth at 0.5%; between 0.3% and 0.5% on a quarterly average asking rent growth.
- Neighborhood and community shopping centers vacancies rising by 10 basis points ending Q3 at 10%.
- Asking and effective rents both grew by 0.4%
- Businesses are pulling back on capital spending and long-term investments, waiting on results of upcoming elections.
Q3 2016 Industrial Trends
- Warehouse and industrial subsector vacancies remained stuck at 10.5% in Q3.
- Year-over-year vacancies for warehouse and distribution declined by 20 basis points.
- Asking and effective rents grew by 0.4% and 0.5% respectively, growing 2.1%-2.3% on a year over year basis.
- Flex/RD showed more activity in Q3, falling 20 basis points to 11.4%.
- Year-over-year Flex/RD has declined by 70 basis points.
- Asking and effective rents grew by 0.4%, year-over-year growth in the low 2% range.
- 75,000,000 SF of new construction for warehouse and distribution for all of 2016.
Coldwell Banker Commercial Real Estate
A subsidiary of Realogy Corporation, Coldwell Banker Commercial (CBC) is a worldwide leader in the commercial real estate industry. The CBC brand has its roots in the oldest and most respected national real estate brand in the country. Coldwell Banker Commercial has the largest commercial real estate footprint with over 3,500 professionals nationally, over 16,000 listings, nearly double that of the nearest competitor, averaging 13,000 transactions annually valued at over $4 Billion. Providing comprehensive Commercial Real Estate Services to the Greater Chicago Area and Nationally through our vast network of professionals and Global Client Services team.
Source: Reis Nov 3, 2016